Chiba Prefecture/Minamiboso City Tomiura Cho Toyooka
Full view from the hill
Equipped with bath and toilet facilities
View from the wood deck
The beach in front of you
Adjacent tourist signs
Station Entrance Toyooka Beach Signal
3,000 JPY 〜/1 night
It is a facility in Minamiboso City, Chiba Prefecture where you can use the camping trailer in front of you or stay overnight in your car. It is a camping facility with a Washlet toilet and a bath. Ideal for staying in the car, swimming, fishing, etc.
Inquire about a camping station or its booking requirements up-front
This is a beach area with a coastal area on both sides, with clam waves. It is situated along the sand strip between the mainland and Okinoshima, near Tateyama City. Visitors can enjoy snorkeling and diving, and viewing the corals that inhabit the area. The area is particularly beautiful at night.
This is a temple of the Soto sect which was founded in 725 AD by Gyoki. The Buddha is of the Yakushi Nyorai, with Ryoben, a Buddhist monk, making Daikokuten statues from wood, Kukai, the founder of Shingon sect, making them from Stone, and Ennin, a priest, making the Kongourikishi statues. It is famous for the great buddha statue at 31 meters high, built in 1783, as well as the 1553 stone buddha statues and the viewpoint at Boso peninsula known as "peeking into hell".
This is an unexplored stream area near Kimitsu City. The stream cave was created in the Edo era(1603-1868) to supply water to supply water to the paddy fields. The name comes from the fact that the rock formations look like turtles. When the sun rises in the morning, the light shines into the cave, making it a must see area in the early morning.
This is Tokyo's only uninhabited island, in Yokosuka. The area was used for defense during the war, and there is evidence of this that can be seen today. The place is named "Sarushima" (Monkey Island). While there are no monkeys inhabiting the island these days, it is said that a priest named Nichiren was saved by monkeys when traveling to this island during the Kamakura era(1185-1333), hence the name.
This is a temple that was established in 1063 by Minamoto Yoshitsune. It houses the Yawata God known as Emperor Ojin HimegamiEmpress Jingu. The temple was central to the Kamakura Bakufu, which was started by Minamoto Yoritomo, and was known as guardian deity of Minamoto clan, a Kamakura Samurai. Under the reconstruction of the Hojo clan and Tokugawa families, the temple remains the heart of Kamakura and a place of respite and hope for many.
This is a desert-esque area on the hidden island of Izu Oshima. The landscape was created by an eruption of Miharayama mountain, known as the "god fire". From the magma, this eliminated the existing landscape as well as plant life, and created a bleak black landscape. The area draws in many visitors for its view that looks almost like being on Mars.
This is a temple, which was built in 1128 by the Hirama Kanenori. The temple was a mainstay for the Shingon sect and founded by Kukai, a famous Japanese poet. During a historical pilgrimage known as the 88 places of Kanto, the temple was designated as a special sacred site, and the Tokugawa family visited here during the Edo period(1603-1868). Even now, a great many people visit this shrine for the "Hatsumoude" (new years temple visit)
This is a beach on the eastern Boso Peninsula. The total length is 66 kilometres. The name of "Kujukurihama" (99 Ri beach) is said to come from the fact that Minamoto Yoritomo ordered the length of the beach to be 99 "ri" (one ri being about 660m) and stuck 99 arrows in the sand. The area is now used as a regular beach by visitors, as well as for surfing and triathlons.
This is a Soto sect temple built in 1480 by Kira Masatada. It is said to be the birth place of the "Maneki-Neko" (waving cat) where there is a legend that Ii Naosuke built a temple here when invited by a cat to escape from a great thunderstorm. The temple contains thousands of Maneki-Neko, and is the only temple where the cats are revered.
This shrine was built in 200BC. It houses the Gods Oyamatsumino-okami (Mountain God)Takaokamino-kami (Water God)Oikazuchino-kami (Thunder God) . Historically the mountain was considered a place of worship, and was visited by all types, from warriors to common people. Minamoto Yoritomo offered a sword to defeat Taira clan, and it is said that from this the culture of "Osamedachi" (sword offering) was born, and its influence can even be seen in Japanese Rakugo comedy and Ukiyo-e art.
This is an old onsen in Atami. 1,500 years ago, during the reign of Emperor Ninken, Atami was given its name due to hot water that sprung from the beach water, as the Japanese characters for "Atami" literally mean "hot sea water". The area was admired by Tokugawa Ieyasu during the Edo era(1603-1868), and during the Showa era(1926-1989), became particularly famous as an onsen resort town, and is still famous as a beach and onsen town today.
This is an old spring Bath at the base of Hakone Volcano. It is a treasured area that has 20 hot spring baths, known as the Hakone Ni-ju-yu. The area has 1,300 years of history, and is famous due to Toyotomi Hideyoshi going to this area. During the Edo era(1603-1868), the area prospered as a hot spring spot in the Tokaido area, and was also revered by the house of the Tokugawa family.
This is a lake situated in Hakone. The Hakone Shrine can be found here as well as resort areas and other points of interest. Mount Fuji can also be viewed from here. Pleasure boats themed on pirate ships are also becoming popular in the area, as well as it being the end goal in the Hakone Ekiden annual marathon, and the start of the route back.
This is a shrine built in 757 by Mangan. It is said to house the God named "Ninigi", as well as the Gods "Konohana-Sakuyahime" and "Hikoho Hodemi no Mikoto". Mangan is also worshipped as a protector God after having slayed the nine headed dragon that ravished Lake Ashinoko. One of the most striking sights is the "Heiwa no Torii(The Gate of Peace)", built in 1952, that appear to float in the Lake Ashinoko.
This is an old onsen in Izu. Its history is linked with Shuzenji Temple, and was opened 1,200 years ago by the Kukai who is the monk founded Shingon buddhism. During the Meiji Era(1868-1912) it was loved by writers such as Natsume Soseki, Akutagawa Ryunosuke, Shimazaki Toson, Kawabata Yasunari amongst others. There is an onsen town along the river, and is particularly popular for its bamboo forest.
This is a 599m high holy mountain of the Shugendo religion (a fusion religion that originated in Heian Japan). The area was open to the public from 744 AD where Takao-san Yakuoin (a buddhist temple) was built. It is known as Tokyo's top autumn leaf spot, and has received three stars from the Michelin tourism guide. The area is also famous as a habit for the Japanese flying squirrel.
This is a waterfall that flows at the foot of Mount Amagi. The name came from Jyoren-ji Temple which used to be nearby. The waterfall is 25 meters high and 7 meters wide. At the side of the waterfall, there is a monument of Ishikawa Sayuri's hit song "Amagi goe" based on this area.
This is a temple of the Shingon sect which was founded in 940 by Kancho. Naritasan opened as a place of worship and reverence to Fudo Myoo and with a wish to end the battle of Taira Masakado. Ichikawa family became named as the "Narita-ya" in 1688 after the prayers of Kabuki actor Ichikawa Danjuro were finally answered and he was blessed with a son. It is a temple full of sights and views, with a triple tower, a large tower of peace, and Naritasan Park itself.
This is a park that is a recreation of Moomin's world (a famous cartoon originating from Finland), in Hanno, Saitama. Within the park, there is a "Moomin Mansion" where there is an exhibition dedicated to the author, Tove Jansson, as well as historical items relating to Moomin itself.